To fulfill a rewarding career in the IT field.
- High skill level with open source web development
- Great deal of experience with e-commerce
- Strong skills with hardware setup and
- Proficient in networking maintenance and
- Experience with helpdesk technical support
- Excellent people skills, work well in a team
environment and with customers.
- Extremely fast learner who innovates elegant
I had done a lot of freelance development before I
decided to start a company (ToughTechs) and get a
little more serious about web development. I worked on
primarily e-commerce related web sites, with a strong
focus on open-source solutions.
- Extensive working knowledge of e-commerce related
- Exceptional PHP scripting skills.
- Fair handle on PERL problem solving especially
- Strong ColdFusion skills.
- Basic VB Script and VB skills, both for stand-alone
applications and ASP web applications.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Strong Flash action-scripting skills.
- Experience writing shopping cart/catalog systems in
PHP, PERL, and ColdFusion.
- Experience writing credit card processing modules
in PHP and PERL.
- Experience writing and using template based systems
in PHP and PERL.
- Experience with XML processing, displaying,
While design had never been my strong point before ToughTechs, I learned as
much as I could about usability, classical design, and
color theory and incorporated it in several nice looking
- Extremely comfortable with HTML hand-coding.
- Strong CSS skills.
- Strong java scripting skills.
- Comfortable in Dreamweaver, GoLive, etc.
- Comfortable with Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, and
- Focus on standards compliant XHTML
- Familiar with WAP and VXML technologies.
I had always built my own computers, and those for
friends, so I decided to incorporate my skills into ToughTechs.
- Great deal of experience building Linux and Windows
- Strong driver / hardware troubleshooting
- Great deal of experience setting up and configuring
most popular consumer software.
- Comfortable troubleshooting driver issues in
Windows, Linux, and Mac environments.
I did a bit of consultant work and a lot of installing
and setting up of small to medium networks at ToughTechs.
- Experience setting medium-sized 10/100
- Built several routers from scratch (using LRP,
FreeBSD, FreeSCO, and Debian)
- Experience making, running, and wiring cat-5
- Experience setting up extremely secure
- Experience building and maintaining Linux and NT
A part of the work I did with ToughTechs was
administering systems that were installed on networks and
keeping things running smoothly.
- Great deal of experience maintaining Linux,
FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Windows (3,95,98,NT,2K,ME),
and Mac (OS 7-X) systems.
- Experience with tape, CD-R(W), zip drive compressed
and uncompressed backup systems.
- Experience configuring / maintaining most standard
services on Windows and *nix based systems. Enquire for
a full list.
- Experience with Sendmail / Courier Imap
- Apache SSL, and advanced configuration skills.
- Comfortable with .deb, .rpm, slack, BSD ports, or
compiled-from-source-only software installs.
As technical support technician at Keane, JPSNet, and
TechPointer I gained a lot of skills troubleshooting
issues and finding solutions. I discovered that these
skills make me an excellent technician.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Won several awards for customer service
- Extremely comfortable with most popular consumer
software and hardware.
- Experience in e-mail and telephone help desks.
- Able to explain complex things in laymen's
- Zen-like approach to complicated issues that is
calming to the customer, as well as effective at
- Strong focus on empowering customers to find
solutions for themselves.
Relevant Work History
- Owner / Web Developer / Technician / Net Admin • ToughTechs • Olympia,
- E-mail Technical Support Technician •
TechPointer (now AskDrTech) • San
- E-mail / Telephone Support Technician • JPSNet (bought out by
EarthLink.) • Sacramento, CA
- Telephone Support Technician • Keane • Seattle, WA